Those who know me know that I love to cook. When I was a child I used to dream of being a Chef and creating some the greatest meals that anyone has ever tasted. Well needless to say a driving force in my life overpowered my need to cook with a need to serve my country.
Well, I may not be a Michelin star Chef but my passion for cooking has never wavered.
Homestead Corned Beef and Cabbage
Simple but delicious, one of our homestead favorites!
Author: Floyd Family Homestead
- 4 lb corned brisket of beef
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 6 to 8 onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- large sprig fresh thyme and some parsley stalks tied together
- 1 cabbage
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the brisket into a saucepan with the carrots, onions, mustard, and the herbs.
- Cover with cold water, and bring gently to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage, cut in quarters and add to the pot.
- Cook for a further 1 to 2 hours or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender.
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe, I would love to hear your corned beef and cabbage recipes.
Until Next Time
Live Your Best Life
Simple Life Mom says
Simple and Delicious! Cabbage is so good for you too! Thanks for sharing on the Wednesday Homestead Blog Hop.