Those who know me know that I love to cook. When I was a child I used to dream of being a Chef and creating some the greatest meals that anyone has ever tasted. Well needless to say a driving force in my life overpowered my need to cook with a need to serve my country.
Well I may not be a Michelin star Chef but my passion for cooking has never wavered.
- 4 lb corned brisket of beef
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 6 to 8 onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- large sprig fresh thyme and some parsley stalks, tied together
- 1 cabbage
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the brisket into a saucepan with the carrots, onions, mustard and the herbs.
- Cover with cold water, and bring gently to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage, cut in quarters and add to the pot.
- Cook for a further 1 to 2 hours or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender.
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe, I would love to hear your corned beef and cabbage recipes.
Until Next Time