What a great, quick meal. I come from New England and I love Grinders…. What the heck is a grinder?!?! well a grinder is nothing more than a sub, hoagie, hero, filled roll, wedge, poorboy, po’boy or Italian sandwich.
Ok well my Grinder dog isn’t like a Italian sandwich… but it does use the same kind of roll… well I will just let it speak for itself.. it will be the BEST Hot Dog you have ever eaten!
- ½ Cup diced yellow & green peppers
- ½ Cup diced yellow onion
- ½ Cup diced green onion
- 2 Tbsp diced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp diced fresh chives
- 6 Freshly baked grinder (sub) rolls
- 3 Large links of kielbasa
- Provolone Cheese slices (2 per roll)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Your favorite condiment
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut slices in the sides of the grinder (sub) rolls and gently peel apart the rolls to make a bowl
- Cut Kielbasa links slightly smaller than the size of the bowl in the rolls
- Coat the kielbasa links generously with BBQ sauce and grill for 4 to 5 mins on each side, turning frequently (you can continue to coat with BBQ sauce as you turn)
- Gently slide the provolone cheese down inside the roll bowl
- **The remaining recipe is to your desired amount **
- Add green & yellow onions
- Slide in a Kielbasa link inside the roll, make sure you open the cheese up if it folded
- Add yellow & green peppers, cilantro, chives, cheddar cheese
- Top with your favorite condiments (Ketchup, ranch dressing, mustard etc)
I would love to hear your opinions and if you wouldn’t mid sharing below! I would greatly appreciate it.
Until Next Time,