What a great, quick meal. I come from New England and I love Grinders…. What the heck is a grinder?!?! well a grinder is nothing more than a sub, hoagie, hero, filled roll, wedge, poorboy, po’boy or Italian sandwich.
Ok well my Grinder dog isn’t like a Italian sandwich… but it does use the same kind of roll… well I will just let it speak for itself.. it will be the BEST Hot Dog you have ever eaten!
Coming from New England, this is my take on your everyday hot dog meal. It is quick, easy and very delicious.
Author: Floyd Family Homestead
- ½ Cup diced yellow & green peppers
- ½ Cup diced yellow onion
- ½ Cup diced green onion
- 2 Tbsp diced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp diced fresh chives
- 6 Freshly baked grinder (sub) rolls
- 3 Large links of kielbasa
- Provolone Cheese slices (2 per roll)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Your favorite condiment
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut slices in the sides of the grinder (sub) rolls and gently peel apart the rolls to make a bowl
- Cut Kielbasa links slightly smaller than the size of the bowl in the rolls
- Coat the kielbasa links generously with BBQ sauce and grill for 4 to 5 mins on each side, turning frequently (you can continue to coat with BBQ sauce as you turn)
- Gently slide the provolone cheese down inside the roll bowl
- **The remaining recipe is to your desired amount **
- Add green & yellow onions
- Slide in a Kielbasa link inside the roll, make sure you open the cheese up if it folded
- Add yellow & green peppers, cilantro, chives, cheddar cheese
- Top with your favorite condiments (Ketchup, ranch dressing, mustard etc)
I would love to hear your opinions and if you wouldn’t mid sharing below! I would greatly appreciate it.
Until Next Time,
Leave a Reply