OK so I am a little bit early this year but I just cannot wait til fall…
The changing of the leaves, the cooler temperatures, bonfires and football! but in my opinion is the absolute best thing about fall? well some would say pumpkin spice lattes or coffee creamers; maybe it is pumpkin pie or just the cooler temperatures?
Well for me… I LOVE homemade pumpkin bread and yes I do make it myself. I have tried many recipes out and most of them have left me disappointed, so I decided to create my own.
Now those that know me, know that I am not a sweets kind of person so this bread offers a taste of pumpkin with a bit of sweetness without being over powering.
So without further ado… let’s get to making some Homemade Pumpkin Bread!
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin (do not use pumpkin pie filling, it must be pumpkin.. or you can create you own from pumpkin pulp)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 2 9x5x3 loaf pans
- mix sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin in your mixer on low
- Add ½ flour, spices, baking soda, powder and salt.
- Continue to mix adding the rest of the flour.
- Once thoroughly mixed, remove from the mixer.
- Separate equally into the 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 60 mins testing with a toothpick
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins
- Remove from pans and cool on rack or counter.
I would love to hear from you and how yours turned out, be sure to add on some of your Homemade Butter.
Please be kind and like & share.
Until Next Time.
Leave a Reply